Monday, February 21, 2011

Sketchbook Seshing and Experimentation


Monday, Monday! 'tis a lovely day for my blog...

Here are some sketches scanned straight from my sketchbook. I find that it is a great way to loosen up or unwind. Sometimes you get so caught up in a project drawing the same things over and over, and it's nice to break that up with a good sketchbook session. In this case I was playing around with my copic markers once more as well as various pencils and inks.

On a side note, this was my first attempt at drawing Galactus. I actually drew him and Silver Surfer on a card recently, and I did this to get an idea of how to draw him. Such a crazy design when you think about it. Who has a spaceship on their head?!


The second piece is a colour study. Nothing really other than me trying to come up with an interesting painty type of look...

More art coming very soon!

J.

4 comments:

Charles Santoso said...

really cool sketches, Jon! Love the colouring with markers :)

Ezra Lau said...

really cool artwork, thanks for sharing

Steven Preston said...

Really like the way the copics look on your art Jon.

Really love the painted feel of that second piece.

Red J said...

Thanks for the comments guys!

Charles: Thanks man! I'm still learning a lot about colour! Markers are fun too.

Ezra: No worries man! That's what the blog is for :)

David: Gracias amigo! Todovia te debo un email...gracias por tu paciencia (mas o menos! jaja). Awesome es igual que decir "genial!" o algo parecido.

Steve: Always good to hear from you mate! The copic stuff is a lot of fun. Unfortunately the scans don't do it justice, but it's good enough for now. You gonna check out Supanova this year?