Saturday, September 13, 2008

Raw and slightly tighter...





Hello blog!
Although it would seem that I have missed a day, I would argue that i have in fact not, since I havn't slept more than once since the last post...that makes this the next day in my eyes, and it may also look like I have made 2 posts in one day when I post something else tomorrow...
Don't mind me. I am enjoying an apple cider before I get to bed.
Today I finally got those afore-mentioned Gemini pencils nice n tight enough to ink. There is a cool Dynamo 5 splash in amongst this batch. I have decided to tackle this issue in blocks of 5 pages at a time. So I now have my first 5 pages all penciled up and I will be hitting the inks starting tomorrow. I'll probably put some inks up here as I go along. Anything can happen on the blog really, which is why it is so much fun!
Let me talk about todays art.... First up is a very raw bunch of sketches. I was having trouble drawing a particular character on this day, so I just drew her head and expressions many times, very freely, to get back into the character. Sometimes a piece of comic art board can be voodoo cursed in a particular area, and no matter what you do, it just never comes out right. The cure is to draw on a new piece of paper with no restrictions and then hit the cursed piece of paper with confidence!
The 2nd sketch I have shown here is a tightened up version of the Ninja Turtle sketch I posted yesterday. These pencils are now ready for me to ink, which I will be using as my warm-up for inking over the next week. We may just see a finished version of old mate Leonardo here, and you can watch it all happen right here on the 'secret stash'...
I am off to sleepy dreamland now! Goodnite!
J.

1 comment:

joe said...

Dude,
I saw you DA and I was just dropping in to check out the blog. I have to say, you have one of the best styles I've ever seen. All you characters just have so much weight to them I love it! Any way.. good work dude! I love it!