Friday, September 5, 2008

Trapeze











Feeling a little bloated as I write this. Right after I took a lunch break from drawing, I decided to watch some random crap on you tube as I finihsed a 1 litre tup of Lemon Sorbet...So tasty. But I feel so full now. Makes me want to go lie down rather than keep drawing.





Today (besides being a pig) I have started to teach myself how to paint backgrounds. I'm doing a little side job which will require lots of painted backgrounds, and I want them to look kick ass, so I have to learn how to do this properly. Not easy after years of colouring inside the black lines. When I have something worth showing (which I am allowed to show) I'll post it all up here on the blog of love.

As for todays art...A while back I went and saw the Cirque de Soleil when it came to Canberra. The show was Varekai. I was floored! I have to say that this was the closest I felt to being a kid again while watching a live show. There was so much atmosphere. A good friend of mine met one of the trapeze girls, and now, over a year later they are still together, and he is travelling the world with the circus! Not bad eh?







My travelling buddy wanted to give something nice to his acrobatic lady, and asked if I would draw something....This was the result. I would love to find the time to colour it someday, and perhaps I will eventually, but for now I am showing the steps I took to get to the finished inked piece.



J.

No comments: